Website Migration: Our website migration has been delayed indefinitely. We will update you when we are ready to proceed.
A Message from the President:
We are nearly half way through the year! My how time flies! In July and August as a standard practice we do not have workshops planned and these are considered “Dark Months”. However we do have the annual golf tournament on July 11 and you can find information on our website. You don’t have to know how to play golf! Come out and have fun with your colleagues, vendors, contractors, and guests.
We hope that you are making plans to be at Congress in Toronto August 17 -20. The award winning Best Show in Public Works will unveil the newest equipment and breakthrough technologies and bring you an unparalleled education track covering the entire gamut of public works. 125 outstanding education sessions address current public works issues—as well as ongoing challenges, all presented by your colleagues
Our next luncheon will be on Thursday June 26, at the Crowne Plaza in Martinez. Please be sure to access the website and register online.
The American Public Works Association (APWA) is an international educational and professional association of public agencies, private sector companies and individuals dedicated to providing hig h quality public works goods and services.
Chartered in 1937, APWA is the largest and oldest organization of its kind in the world with over 28,000 members. The Association currently consists of 67 Chapters throughout North America of which the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER is one.
The NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER covers eleven counties in northwest California. San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte, plus northern San Mateo.
Formed in 1947, the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER was the first APWA Chapter "west of the Mississippi."
We typically meet the fourth Thursday of the month and are always looking for volunteers. Please check our events page for upcoming luncheons.
What We Do:
- Monthly lunch meetings (except July and August)
- Guest speakers on timely topics
- Annual public works agency internships (Summer)
- Educational seminars and satellite video teleconferences
- Technical field trip
- E-Blast and Website Updating with listings of seminars and jobs available
- Annual awards program recognizing people, projects and contractors in Public Works (February)
- National Public Works Week activities (May)
- Holiday Party with East Bay Municipal Engineers (December)
- Joint meetings with other associations (ASCE, SAME, EBME, MSA)
- Committee activities (technical and non-technical)
- Northern California Public Works Conference -annual 2 day seminar on repair and maintenance in Public Works (November)
- Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament (July)
See our Annual Report prepared by Joubin Pakpour, Chapter Delegate 2014
(Stay tuned for Update)
2014 Internship Program
(Stay tuned for Update)
Check out photos from our latest events
Click here to see our albums
Latest Job Announcements
Learn more about the Public Works Institute
Become a Northern CA Chapter Member
To be added to our informational e-blast list please e-mail our chapter administrator at email@example.com