Website Migration: Our website migration has been delayed indefinitely. We will update you when we are ready to proceed.
CHECK THIS OUT, NEW VENUE FOR APRIL LUNCHEON !!
April luncheon will be held at:
Alameda County Public Works Agency
951 Turner Court, Room 230, Hayward, CA 94545
“Upcoming Changes to Storm Water Control Permits”
Featured Luncheon Speaker: Gerald Montgomery of Montgomery Associates
Montgomery & Associates offers its clients expert stormwater pollution prevention services, construction and program management services, and environmental consulting services. We are leaders in the industry, recognized for our training and inspection services in stormwater pollution prevention. We also write and amend Stormwater Pollution Prevention plans for our numerous clients throughout the western United States. M&A is known throughout the stormwater industry as the premier trainer in the state of California. We work closely with the State Water Resources Control Board and other stormwater professionals to provide the latest information in our training.
11:30 am Networking
12:00 pm Luncheon Program
Click Here to Register
The American Public Works Association (APWA) is an international educational and professional association of public agencies, private sector companies and individuals dedicated to providing hig h quality public works goods and services.
Chartered in 1937, APWA is the largest and oldest organization of its kind in the world with over 28,000 members. The Association currently consists of 67 Chapters throughout North America of which the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER is one.
The NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER covers eleven counties in northwest California. San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte, plus northern San Mateo.
Formed in 1947, the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER was the first APWA Chapter "west of the Mississippi."
We typically meet the fourth Thursday of the month and are always looking for volunteers. Please check our events page for upcoming luncheons.
What We Do:
- Monthly lunch meetings (except July and August)
- Guest speakers on timely topics
- Annual public works agency internships (Summer)
- Educational seminars and satellite video teleconferences
- Technical field trip
- E-Blast and Website Updating with listings of seminars and jobs available
- Annual awards program recognizing people, projects and contractors in Public Works (February)
- National Public Works Week activities (May)
- Holiday Party with East Bay Municipal Engineers (December)
- Joint meetings with other associations (ASCE, SAME, EBME, MSA)
- Committee activities (technical and non-technical)
- Northern California Public Works Conference -annual 2 day seminar on repair and maintenance in Public Works (November)
- Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament (July)
See our Annual Report prepared
by Joubin Pakpour, Chapter Delegate 2014
(Stay tuned for Update)
2011 Internship Program
Click here for more info
Check out photos from our latest events
Click here for more info
Latest Job Announcements
Learn more about the Public Works Institute
Become a Northern CA Chapter Member
To be added to our informational e-blast list please e-mail our chapter administrator at email@example.com