Website Migration: Our website migration has been delayed indefinitely. We will update you when we are ready to proceed.
March Monthly Luncheon Topic Finalized - Registration open! Sign up now.
The City of Berkeley is about to execute a contract for the conversion of 8,000 cobra head and decorative post top streetlights from HPS to LED technology. Learn how the city was able to:
with almost no out of pocket expenses and very little staff time through a 1% loan from the California Energy Commission.
- initiate a feasibility assessment
- create the structure and specifications of its RFP for design and installation
- project the outcomes and plans to complete the project
The benefits of the project include:
Does your agency or agency clients need to save money and staff time? This is the luncheon for you to learn how to do exactly that.
- immediate positive cash flow from energy savings
- design-based replacement specifications
- reduced maintenance
- standardization of streetlight types
- comprehensive GIS-based inventory reconciled to PG&E's billings
- major greenhouse gas reductions
Luncheon Speaker: Neal DeSnoo, Energy Program Manager, Office of Energy and Sustainable Development, Planning and Development Department, City of Berkeley.
Featured Agency: City of Berkeley, Andrew Clough, Public Works Director will tell us what, other than lighting, is going on with the City including upcoming projects and RFP's. The City is preparing to embark on its first major maintenance and paving program in years.
Luncheon is MARCH 20th at HS Lordships Restaurant, Berkeley. This is a week earlier this month due to the Public Works Officers Institute
The American Public Works Association (APWA) is an international educational and professional association of public agencies, private sector companies and individuals dedicated to providing hig h quality public works goods and services.
Chartered in 1937, APWA is the largest and oldest organization of its kind in the world with over 28,000 members. The Association currently consists of 67 Chapters throughout North America of which the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER is one.
The NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER covers eleven counties in northwest California. San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte, plus northern San Mateo.
Formed in 1947, the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER was the first APWA Chapter "west of the Mississippi."
We typically meet the fourth Thursday of the month and are always looking for volunteers. Please check our events page for upcoming luncheons.
What We Do:
- Monthly lunch meetings (except July and August)
- Guest speakers on timely topics
- Annual public works agency internships (Summer)
- Educational seminars and satellite video teleconferences
- Technical field trip
- E-Blast and Website Updating with listings of seminars and jobs available
- Annual awards program recognizing people, projects and contractors in Public Works (February)
- National Public Works Week activities (May)
- Holiday Party with East Bay Municipal Engineers (December)
- Joint meetings with other associations (ASCE, SAME, EBME, MSA)
- Committee activities (technical and non-technical)
- Northern California Public Works Conference -annual 2 day seminar on repair and maintenance in Public Works (November)
- Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament (July)
See our Annual Report prepared
by Joubin Pakpour, Chapter Delegate 2014
(Stay tuned for Update)
2011 Internship Program
Click here for more info
Check out photos from our latest events
Click here for more info
Latest Job Announcements
Learn more about the Public Works Institute
Become a Northern CA Chapter Member
or join us at our next executive committee meeting
To be added to our informational e-blast list please e-mail our chapter administrator at email@example.com