Website Migration: Our website migration has been delayed indefinitely. We will update you when we are ready to proceed.
46th Annual Training Conference & Equipment Display
2014 Maintenance Superintendents Association in Sacramento
September 29, 2014 to October 2, 2014
Click Here for more information.
APWA NorCal 18th Annual Public Works Confernce
For More Information and to Register Click Here
The American Public Works Association (APWA) is an international educational and professional association of public agencies, private sector companies and individuals dedicated to providing hig h quality public works goods and services.
Chartered in 1937, APWA is the largest and oldest organization of its kind in the world with over 28,000 members. The Association currently consists of 67 Chapters throughout North America of which the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER is one.
The NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER covers eleven counties in northwest California. San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte, plus northern San Mateo.
Formed in 1947, the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER was the first APWA Chapter "west of the Mississippi."
We typically meet the fourth Thursday of the month and are always looking for volunteers. Please check our events page for upcoming luncheons.
What We Do:
- Monthly lunch meetings (except July and August)
- Guest speakers on timely topics
- Annual public works agency internships (Summer)
- Educational seminars and satellite video teleconferences
- Technical field trip
- E-Blast and Website Updating with listings of seminars and jobs available
- Annual awards program recognizing people, projects and contractors in Public Works (February)
- National Public Works Week activities (May)
- Holiday Party with East Bay Municipal Engineers (December)
- Joint meetings with other associations (ASCE, SAME, EBME, MSA)
- Committee activities (technical and non-technical)
- Northern California Public Works Conference -annual 2 day seminar on repair and maintenance in Public Works (November)
- Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament (July)
See our Annual Report prepared by Joubin Pakpour, Chapter Delegate 2014
(Stay tuned for Update)
2014 Internship Program
(Stay tuned for Update)
Check out photos from our latest events
Click here to see our albums
Latest Job Announcements
Learn more about the Public Works Institute
Become a Northern CA Chapter Member
To be added to our informational e-blast list please e-mail our chapter administrator at email@example.com